Good hot or cold!!! My husband and his friends all love these, you can make minor adjustments depending on your tastes!
18 fresh jalapenos
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz pepper jack cheese (can use cheddar instead, we like pepper jack) (grated)
Pinapple chunks (optional)
18 slices of bacon, cut in half
Your favorite BBQ sauce (we use spicy chipolte, might as well make them extra hot )
****WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES WHEN WORKING WITH THE PEPPERS -- YOUR HANDS WILL THANK YOU!****
Trust me on this, I made them without gloves once, never again!
1. Preheat oven to 275
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scrape out the membranes. Remember, the heat comes from the seeds, so if you like them hot, leave the seeds!
3. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and pepper jack cheese.
4. Place a piece of pineapple in each of the peppers (This is optional, but it gives a surprising burst of flavor halfway through the pepper and a little break from the heat). Next, stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture.
5. Wrap bacon slices around each pepper, don't wrap the bacon too tightly because it will tighten up around the pepper as it cooks. If it's wrapped too tightly, it could squeeze the stuffing out of the pepper.
6. Secure the bacon with toothpicks.
7. Brush the surface of the bacon with BBQ sauce and bake for 1 hour
Enjoy!!! Refrigerate leftovers -- My husband loves them even more cold!