my way to preload images! haha
Update Coming Soon! Check out Skem9's future roadmap
Yohn
Users Image
Admin
32/m
[waves] Whats up everyone!
Figured I would let ya know whats going on in the Skem9 world, and what is to come within the next couple months.
As some of you know, I've been running Skem9.com for the past 8 years (with a bunch of help from all the admins and mods we've had through the years). I've dealt with all the back-end coding, hosting, support, costs, bugs, complaints, and all that fun stuff alone. Doing it by myself has had its ups and downs as well, and although I've loved doing it all myself, the only way to get Skem9 up to its greatest potential and back on track is to join forces with a team of people, and have a team of developers work on adding new features to grow the site to its greatest potential.

I want to see Skem9 become bigger and better than it ever was in the past and present, keeping the main goal in mind that I initially started out doing. At the same time, I cant personally devote enough time needed to make skem9 bigger and better because I'm broke, and have been working around 60+ hours a week with other companies so I can try to put some money in my pocket and pay my bills.. (The Truth) When Skem9 went down the first time back in 09, I was loosing money. I was paying more every month for hosting costs than the site was making every month. Thats why the site first went down for that time period, not any of the other rumors you can find online. Since I brought Skem9 back online last year I've been having to pay out of pocket each month just to keep the site online, and I just cant keep doing that, but at the same time I dont want skem9 to not be online.

I want to keep working on Skem9, adding new features, and enhancing it even more so it can become one of the best resources online for practically anything and everything. For me, in the situation I'm in, the only way to do that effectively and still being able to pay my bills would be to join forces with a web design company and allow a team of people (including myself) tackle the whole back-end side and have it restructured, redesigned, and improved upon in a timely matter. So with that being said, I'm letting you know that Skem9 is joining forces with Life 3d Studios in Charlotte NC to make Skem9 one of the greatest websites online! With joining this company, Skem9 will be able to improve the features it already has, and add new features! We have already started on the re-building phase of the site, and hope to be completed within the next couple months. We will be adding some features that I've had requests for in the past, and we will be improving the features that are already here. There will be some changes happening, but they will all be for the good. I'm not leaving Skem9, and I will be stay with Skem9 for a long time to come. I just need some help to get it to its greatest potential, and this is why I'm joining forces with Life 3d Studios. We will still allow you to customize your profiles, and to do everything you can currently do, and we will be adding a lot more features as well. This move is to improve upon Skem9, and to make it better. If I wouldnt do this move then I highly doubt there would be anymore updates coming out for years, and I dont want that. I want to be able to keep updating and working on Skem9, and this is the best solution I've come up with. Hopefully all of you understand.

I AM NOT leaving Skem9, and I WILL NOT leave Skem9. But we will have more than just 1 person working on the back-end, so that means things will get completed, and new features will be added faster.. We have started on the re-design factor, and I will be keeping all of you updated as we get closer to the re-launch of Skem9.

I was floating in a peaceful sea, rescued by a sinking ship

677 Days till Recovery

User Picture..
Users Image
Jr. Mod
23/m
I'm looking forward to see how this plays out. Best of luck to you guys.

Got no circulation, but you still can't dance.

963 Days till Recovery

Deb
Users Image
Jr. Mod
57/f
Ok I want surf and turf for dinner that night just for putting up with your butt boy!!!! [smack][smack][lol][lol][love][love]

31 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

Lise
Users Image
51/f

Sounds like you have a plan. Glad to see you have things handled. Can't wait to see what will come of all this.

4 Cherry Poppers

I will agree with you John and don't worry for right now I'm fighting a bad cold but i too will be back soon thanks for understanding. :-D

1 Cherry Poppers

Posted By: User Picture..All we need now is the ORIGINAL Myspace back.

friendproject.net is JUST like the original myspace =]

597 Days till Recovery

User Picture..
Users Image
Jr. Mod
23/m
August 31st of 2016 might be a significant date.

Got no circulation, but you still can't dance.

963 Days till Recovery

User Picture..
Users Image
58/f
really........ looks around the quiet room...

Remember: Hard work never killed anyone.. but why take a chance.

2 Cherry Poppers

Debs
Users Image
31/f
Hi ..My question is...Is there a Delete button if you want to close down your account. Thank you

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

1 Cherry Poppers